We are delighted to announce an official triathlon specific strength and stretching session starting from first week of January. The committee is pleased to announce that we have agreed with Pat Nispel from P.A.T.42.2 Running to extend his partnership with SBTC to offer the strength and core sessions.
- Exercises will be targeted specifically to improving strength for triathlon in a homeostatic way (whole body equilibrium using all muscle groups) and functional to each discipline (swimming, cycling and running).
- These sessions will include core stability as well as sport specific functional strength and power exercise using own body weight and other forms of resistance.
- A different challenge each month will keep the sessions interesting through a variety of exercises and provide motivation to measure individual improvements and challenge club members against each other.
- Flexibility and mobility exercises will be included in warm up and an extended cool down phase through a sequence of yoga poses and stretching. Optional foam rolling/ trigger point release at end.
- Group based and suitable for a variable number of participant and different levels
- When: Every Monday 5:30am starting January 4th.
- 45min in length with optional extended stretching/ foam rolling or swim at City Beach afterward.
- Meet at: South Bank Parkland Picnic Island Green
- The monthly challenge will be advertised on Facebook.
- What to bring: own gym mat or beach towel, water bottle, foam rollers if available.
Costs: free for SBTC members.