As part of our increased focus on the bike leg of ‘swim bike run’, we are pleased to share the SBTC Seven Bunch Riding Values.
We ask all SBTCers to embrace these values and ensure we are good road citizens while riding in a bunch (and at other times, of course!)
We can’t control how other road users behave, but we can provide a model for how a bunch should ride.
The seven values are listed below. For more details, please see the Facebook group.
1. We obey all road rules.
2. We never ride more than two wide and never take up a whole lane.
3. We always ride level with the person beside us.
4. Our front wheel must line up with the rear wheel of the person in front us.
5. We only pass other cyclists in single file – no exceptions.
6. We rotate only from the right and move forwards.
7. We ride with the commitment to safety for ourselves, our fellow club members and other road users so we can all make it home afterwards.