- This event has passed.
WHW – Hills are my friend – Mt Coot-tha front-side repeats
July 19 @ 5:10 am - 6:45 am AEST
Mt Coot-tha front-side repeats with our new cycling coach Chris Elder. “If you want to be faster on the bike, do hills, with purpose!” Let’s continue with our winter strength block leading into Sunshine Coast 70.3. If you’ve missed a few rides or need to get back into it, there is still time. Meet at Toowong Bus Depot carpark in Miskin St for a briefing at 5:10am and a 5:15am rollout.
– Good idea to ride from home/work to meeting point – the commitment now pays off on race day.
– Ride as a group, past the gardens up to T intersection.
– 3 to 5 front side repeats depending on your climbing speed. Climb:
1. Think ‘Rhythm’ – Find a comfortable cadence between 60-90 rpm. During climb do 3 x out of the saddle for 30 revs – ‘Dance on the pedals!’. Roll the legs over while descending.
2. Think ‘Power’ – 2 x efforts within your climb.
– Effort 1 – Within first half of climb change up 2+ gears, stay seated and Power for 30secs, change back down, back to Rhythm.
– Effort 2 – At the slight downhill power strong until the roundabout at top, keep cadence above 60rpm. Get as much momentum on the downhill as possible. Roll the legs over while descending.
3. Repeat 2.
4. Repeat 1.
5. Repeat 2.
– Meet at the lookout for #sbtc_greenarmy pic at 6:20am
– Easy roll back to the carpark/home/work
Love the bike!